Home

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Street Soul







Have you ever experienced an extraordinary sense of being lifted out of your body, a feeling of thrill that spreads from your inner core and throughout your entire being, a feeling of unexplainable rapture so overwhelming that only a divine power can induce?

Music has that sort of hallucinogenic effect on me. I get excited whenever I hear the soft trickle of the first few notes of a favorite song. I'm one of those oddballs who savor each note with eyes shut, swaying like a goof to the lilting music. It has that kind of power that switches off that part of your brain that causes inhibition, taking complete control over your body and senses. Noticed anyone dancing in public as if nobody's watching, seemingly forgetting that they have an absolute lack of hand-foot coordination as they twitched and jerk in between notes? Yes, that's the music taking over.

I'm listening to Muse's version of Feeling Good as I'm writing this. I swear I can listen to it all day.

Can you imagine a world without music?







A Jazz musician in the streets of San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...